General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
living history for Brunson School in Winston Salem this Friday, May 31st.

Greetings members of the 28th NCT!

Hope you are having a great Memorial Day weekend as we remember the sacrifice of those who have served their country and have passed on to greater glory.

I was contacted last week about possibly doing a small scale living history for Brunson School in Winston Salem this Friday, May 31st.

I am prepared to do this as it is an opportunity to share our history with 5th graders, and just curious if anyone else would like to particpate.

Period dressed civilians are welcome, as my two daughters, Amy and Anna, are planning to partcipate too.

Unfortunately, the current climate in the schools will NOT allow us the opporuntity to bring weapons/ammunition right now. We can only hope that this will change as folks become accustomed to what we do so well. We still have the opportunity to get the "foot" in the door by showing and talking to them about so many other aspects.

At this point, the game plan is to portray the NC soldier, and focus on Forsyth County soldiers, with letters, paycall, camp and dress up time, music, etc.

We will be permitted to set up a camp across the street in Hanes Park.

I will bring an A-frame tent, half shelter, and fly, with a few prop boxes. This should suffice for the camp setting, but feel free to bring your own shelter or tent if you would like.

Come dressed in uniform, accoutrements, backpack, etc. Unfortunately NO rifle, bayonet, and powder/caps are permitted for this one.

I plan to be there around 8:15 to setup the camp, with showtime starting promptly at 9:00 am. The living history will end around 11:45 am.

Please let me know if you think you can help with this.

I will provide addtional details on the site and directions to it by Wednesday.

Thanks,

Greg

Lt. Greg Cheek 28 NC

cell 336-428-2026