General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Memorial Day Service in Summerfield

There are tentative plans to provide a Confederate Honor Guard at a Memorial Day Service in Summerfield, NC (just North of Greensboro on Hwy 220). This was suggested only recently, and I do not yet have any details. The expectation is simply to fire a three volley salute at some point during the proceedings. The Guilford County sheriff, BJ Barnes, is expected to be a speaker at the event, which will be held on Memorial Day, Monday, May 27th.

If you think you can participate, please let me know. I will forward details related to time, location, etc... as they are available. Feel free to forward this to any local troops I may have missed.

The town's web site is http://www.summerfieldgov.com/, but does not currently have any information regarding the Memorial Day event.

Re: Memorial Day Service in Summerfield

Details for the Summerfield Memorial Day Service

Date: Monday, May 27th (Memorial Day)
Time: Program begins at 2:00 pm (reenactors please try to arrive by 1:00 pm)
Location: Summerfield Community Center, 5404 Centerfield Rd, Summerfield, NC 27358

There is a Veteran's Memorial adjacent to the community center parking lot, where I expect the service to be held. The timing of our salute (volleys) will likely be determined just prior to the program, while I am leaning towards the beginning of the program to minimize the amount of time the reenactors are required. For additional parking, there is some space at the dam a couple hundred yards past the community center on the right.

Your participation is appreciated!