General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee-Jackson Banquet Saturday night Feb 9!

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you at the Lee-Jackson Banquet Saturday night! We had a good planning meeting at the Yadkin Gray Eagles SCV Camp meeting last night. The food and entertainment will be awesome! Our program will be on the Bond School House Shootout. We'll be reenacting it on March 2 at Rockford. Please plan to come if you can! Feb 9, 6:00 pm, Windsor's Crossroads Community Center.

Re: Lee-Jackson Banquet Saturday night Feb 9!

Just wanted to be sure you were aware of our Lee Jackson Banquet this coming Saturday.

Lots of great food, period music, and fellowship! We will be giving away a reproduction period revolver too!

The program will be special too as we observe the 150th Anniversary of the Bond School House Shootout.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Greg

cell 336-428-2026

Lee – Jackson Banquet
Saturday February 9, 2013
Dinner at 6:00 PM, Entertainment at 7:00 PM
Windsor Crossroads Community Center

Yadkin Gray Eagles Camp #1765 of the Sons of Confederate Veterans invites you to the Lee – Jackson Banquet at the Windsor’s Crossroads
Community Center, in Hamptonville, NC.

This year, an Oyster & Chicken Stew dinner will be served
with other side dishes, desserts, and drinks.

Local favorite Danny & Eva Casstevens will provide period music!

There will also be a special Sesquicentennial - 150th Anniversary presentation on:
“The Bond School House Shootout – February 12, 1863”

Following Danny and Eva’s performance, a special fund raiser auction will be held, including books, authentic money, and other historical items related to the War.
All proceeds go towards veteran cemetery and marker projects.

Join us for special evening!

Directions:

From Yadkinville travel north on US 421 about 9 miles to the Windsor Road Exit. Take a left at the top of the exit ramp, and go 5 miles.

The community center will be on the right.
From Statesville (I-40), take I-77 north about 22 miles to US 421. Take the US 421 exit towards Wilkesboro. Then take the next exit, Windsor Road.

Take a left at the top of the exit ramp, and go 5 miles. The community center will be on the right.