General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Honor Guard for Memorial Service

What: 200th Anniversary Celebration for the Bethel Presbyterian Church
When: Sunday, September 30th, at 2:00 PM
Where: Bethel Presbyterian Church, 300 Knox Rd., McLeansville, NC

The Bethel Presbyterian Church will be honoring their soldiers from the Revolutionary War era (3), Mexican-American (1), War of 1812 (4), WBTS (30), WW I ((19), WW II (50), Korea (8), Vietnam (4), and various militia and war era veterans throughout time. The program is expected to include; three songs, a reading of the names and tolling of a bell by a VFW member and church members, prayer, an honor guard salute, a cannon firing. There will be refreshments afterwards. The event is rain or shine.

I would suggest planning to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the program to allow time for the troops to get organized. I expect the 6th NC Troops, Co. K, and the 27th NC Troops, Co. B, will be informed of the event as well. Please contact me if you think you can attend.

Re: Honor Guard for Memorial Service

Hey Sgt Frank,

I checked the trip miles on McLeansville and that is a little far for me this Sunday.

But whenever there are memorial services, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I do enjoy these and believe it important for us to honor these soldiers as much as we can.

Corporal Duckworth