General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Maryland, My Maryland September 7 - 9, 2012... some final notes

Maryland, My Maryland
September 7 - 9, 2012

Dear Participants,
First we wanted to thank you so much for choosing to participate in "Maryland, my Maryland" the 150th Anniversary Reenactment of the Maryland Campaign. Your support of this event has helped create what we feel will be the premier event of the 1862 Cycle.

Many of you have donated your time and hard work to make this event happen....from building rail fence, to clearing camps and cutting firewood. This is truly an event by reenactors for reenactors.

And also know that your participation and spirit of volunteerism will enable the maximum amount of donations to our non- profits, Central Maryland Heritage Foundation, and Brittany's Hope Foundation, so that we may " Preserve the Past and Create a Future".

We wanted to contact you with some final notes as well.

Directions - Since this weekend is also Boonsboro Days, a highly attended local festival in the nearby town of Boonsboro, to make your arrival more pleasant, and spend less time in traffic, we highly encourage all of you to access the site from Sharpsburg MD. If you are coming out Interstate 70, use the RT 65 exit south into Sharpsburg, then upon reaching Sharpsburg, turn left onto MD Route 34, and drive about 8 miles and the event site ( 640 Monroe Rd, Boonsboro, MD) will be on your left.

If you are coming up Interstates 95 or 81, take Interstate 70 ( East/West) to the Rt 65 exit and follow the above.

We want to make your time in a car less, so you can enjoy the event further.

Upon arrival, you will need to sign in, sign a Waiver and a copy of the Rules and Regulations. There will be event T Shirts for sale at Registration as well, and there are only a limited number, so if you want one please purchase it upon arrival.

Friday and in-processing is always the toughest part of any event, so be patient, our group of volunteers will do all they can to make your arrival the easiest and most informative we can.

Keep in mind, if you need to drive your car into camp, that you arrive no later than 9pm Friday night, and really encourage you to arrive earlier.

We realize that each of your spend hundreds of dollars and hundreds of hours in the hobby, if not more. That is a substantial investment. And we at Rear Rank Productions are working hard to give you the best return on that investment we can.

As a final note, I wanted to give special recognition to a gentlemen who has worked long and hard for many months, building the web site, managing these emails, managing the registration and many other tasks. He will not be at the event to thank, so I wanted to personally thank Aaron Fogleman of Britney's Hope Foundation for his hundreds of hours of volunteer work he has given to the event.

I will see you all there.

Pards,

S. Chris Anders

Re: Maryland, My Maryland September 7 - 9, 2012... some final notes

An additional note for soldiers...

Please make sure your cartridge box contains the tins! The event coordinators are stressing participants are equipped with plenty of ammunition for multiple hot battles per day. And I know you can carry more ammo by not having the tins in the cartridge box. However, missing tins was noted as a safety concern during inspections at the Valley Campaign earlier this year and will be something that the 4th Regiment staff will be looking for.

Good call, Jeff!

And with the recent cases of West Nile virus, investing in some mosquito repellent might be worth considering.