General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Maryland, My Maryland September 7 - 9, 2012

Maryland, My Maryland
September 7 - 9, 2012

Dear Participants,
As the event looms ever closer, I wanted to contact you to go over a few final items.

I hope all of you have taken the " Looking 1862", " Acting 1862"
and "Sounding 1862" emails to heart. Together we assist each other, our fellow comrades, in having the best event possible. Too often one persons actions will mar the experience of many, and as ONE TEAM our goal is to have the most authentic, realistic and safe reenactment of those fateful days of September 1862 as possible.

First, the not so fun stuff-

A few things that are ABSOLUTELY not allowed:

1- Modern lights- the flashlight has returned to prey upon the hobby, and ruin the experience of all who see it. If they show up, they will be taken.
2- Cars in camp after 11pm Friday night- tow trucks will be on site, and the dragging will commence.
3- Both camps will have roving camp patrols to be sure ALL modern items are hidden at all times. If you need a modern item, please keep it in your tent. We will operate on a 2 strikes and your out policy.
4- Anyone attempting to portray a specialty impression that was not pre approved, and on the event AIG approved list, will not be allowed to participate.
5-Scenario breaking, period.
6- Safety Violations, including un scripted hand to hand ( there will be plenty of scripted!) Rammers used on the field and so forth...you guys are the best in the hobby, and you know what I mean.

In general, we will enforce the Rules and Regulations as listed on the event web site...we will not make up rules as we go, so please look them over one last time. This is to prevent the actions of one person from ruining the experience for many others.

Remember, it is "fun" for us to do this. But also, if you would, keep the Original Boys of '62 foremost in your mind. Before taking the field, pause for a second, and realize that when the event is all over, we will all get up and go home. In September of 1862, these brave men and women you are representing could not. Their lives were changed in a profound way, and many did not rise at the end of the engagement. I feel it is an honor to represent those brave men, and all my actions, both on and off the field are done with great reverence.

Many a son, a brother, husband and sweetheart never came home again.

Families in the local area, saw their crops and farmland destroyed, their houses taken over for field hospitals, and faced complete financial ruin.

We all hope to have a good time, but let us not forget the human element, and the lives destroyed.

Many of your fellow reenactors have donated their time and labor to
build the best stage for your to perform on. We have done all we can
to make the event the most authentic and enjoyable 150th event to date.

Now it is up to you to justify that effort, and excel at it.

I am honored and humbled to serve each of you, and hope "Maryland my
Maryland" provides you with the experience you seek.

I will see you there.

Pards,

S. Chris Anders