General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thank God! Our Battle Flag has been conserved!!!

Will do, Tim!

Fellers! We have 5 lined up to go to the MOC on Monday, August 13. We need 10 to register as a group and get a discount. If you're planning to make this pilgrimage, let me know so we can get our group registered.

Thanks!

John

Cathy,

I regret that we were unable to come by the museum Monday. While we were at the Gettysburg event, I received the news that my uncle, my dad's twin brother, had passed away, so I had to return home on Sunday immediately after our programs were over. We will make a date to come up there soon and perhaps bring a group of our 28th NCT members to view our ancestor's honored colors. We had a replica of the Gettysburg Battle Flag with us up there and we did our level best to honor it and the men who fought and died under it.

I appreciate your efforts and hope to see you soon!

John

Dear Capt. Baucom,

I am very sorry to hear of your uncle’s passing – please accept my condolences. I can only imagine how difficult this must be for your father, having lost his twin.

The 28th NC flag will be exhibited probably through the end of this calendar year, at the least, so you are welcome to see it during your next visit to the MOC. It would be an honor to show it to the men who have honored the memory of the soldiers who fought and died beneath that banner. Perhaps I could meet you all at that time.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Most sincerely,

Cathy Wright

Curator

The Museum of the Confederacy

1201 E. Clay St. · Richmond, VA 23219

phone: (804) 649-1861, ext. 114

fax: (804) 644-7150