General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Blue Gray Alliance 150th Anniversary Reenactment of the Battle of Gettysburg

The Blue Gray Alliance 150th Anniversary Reenactment of the Battle of Gettysburg

I am posting this announcement on behalf of this event's organizer, K.C. Meadows. Additional information will follow as it becomes available.... Terry Shelton

I have the privilege and honor to announce to you the 150th Gettysburg reenactment put on by the Blue-Gray alliance. This event will be held June 27-30, 2013 at the Bushey farm, in historic Gettysburg PA. This was the site of the 135th Gettysburg, a national event that all remember. On this pristine and beautiful ground, we will reenact history as it occurred on those fateful days in 1863. Be prepared for hard fighting, tacticals, and an event to remember. You will share this memory with your family and friends for years to come. This will be a mainstream event which will be campaigner friendly and also friendly to the spectator. I shall continue to update you as plans unfold. I ask for your support, as we move forward to establish this event. This is unique in that it is an event by reenactors for reenactors.

Re: The Blue Gray Alliance 150th Anniversary Reenactment of the Battle of Gettysburg

Doug Wright says:

The Blue Gray Alliance and officially announced 150th Gettysburg event to be held on June 27-30 at the Bushy Farm Site of the 135th event. Registration will be $20 and fee for under 14. Web site to be up soon according to the information. The informayion indicates this is an event by reenactors for reenactors.

Re: The Blue Gray Alliance 150th Anniversary Reenactment of the Battle of Gettysburg

This will be in addition to the 150th Gettysburg event that Gen Brian Ges will be commanding...http://www.gettysburgreenactment.com/150thInfo.htm

This was posted on the Civil War Reenactors' Forum in response to a post by Captain Terry Shelton regarding the 150th Gettysburg presented by the Blue Gray Alliance:

I will add a few things to Mr. Shelton's announcement if he is kind enought to indulge me for a moment. Contained within this post is a copy of the email which will be going out to all of the western Commands. We have been anxiously awaiting the moment when this information could go public as there were alot of issues that necessarily needed addressing. As Mr. Shelton stated there will be more information forthcoming including a web site for the event which will contain a registration link as well. I welcome anyone who has questions, which I'm sure there will be many. Look for this email to circulate through your commands as well. Command structure for the event will released at a date in the not to distant future.

This will serve as formal announcement that the Blue Gray Alliance will host a 150th Anniversary Battle of Gettysburg Reenactment. The event will be held June 27 through June 30, 2013. The land leases are currently being inked and more information will be released shortly on the location and other amenities. We are working on the details as we speak and will release that information as time goes on.

What we are striving to accomplish by hosting a 150th Anniversary Battle of Gettysburg is:

1. To provide a more reenactor friendly environment while at the event.

2. To provide more historically accurate scenarios.

3. To provide an outlet for all facets of reenacting, from civilian to military, to participate in the event.

4. To focus the scope of the reenactment on the actual historical facts of this battle rather than on the spectators who come to view it.

5. To focus the prime needs and goals of the event on the reenactor base thereby providing a more fulfilling event weekend for the individual reenactor.

This is and will be an ambitious and taxing endeavor to which many of the member organizations of the Blue Gray Alliance have devoted themselves. We have all agreed to work together to pursue a common goal, a Gettysburg reenactment by reenactors for reenactors.

This event will function like other Blue Gray Alliance events have in the past. We have a place for all facets of reenacting from campaigner to mainstream and family garrison to authentic civilian. We used this model at the 150th Anniversary Battle of Shiloh and it showed good results.

As I said earlier, we should be finalizing all of the necessary items regarding the land lease over the next few days. We believe that the land is entirely suitable for this event and lends itself to being able to recreate several of the vingettes of the original battle through use of similar terrain.

Registration for the event will be $20 per person with children under 14 attending free. A web site is under construction and will include a registration link shortly. This information will be passed on to everyone as soon as it is functional enough to make use of.
Mark Way
Chief of Staff
Cleburne's Division
www.cleburnes-division.com