General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
May 6 (Sunday) - Salem Confederate Memorial

This is an event that everyone is familiar with, and turnout is usuaully great. We are hoping for 16-20 rifles for this.

The ceremony begins at 2PM. Be there around 1:15PM to prepare. The hosts of this service are the ladies of the James B. Gordon Camp - Daughters of the Confederacy.

This year the 28th NC has been chosen to take a lead role in the ceremony, and I have been asked to provide a few words for the occasion, which will be in regard to the 1908 NC UCV Reunion which was held in Winston-Salem.

Re: May 6 (Sunday) - Salem Confederate Memorial

Hope to see you there. We have permission to raise a 1st National Flag tomorrow for the ceremony. I will be there early to hoist it up the flag pole.

Also spoke with the speaker, and he has defintely confirmed the speech to be no more than 15 minutes.

That must have been an interesting conversation! See you there!

It was! ... and illuminating as well!

Seriously though, it was great day at Salem today.
The weather was perfect as we honored the veterans one more time. I counted about 100 folks in attendance today along with about 25 reenactors present.

Many thanks again to the Ladies of the UDC for keeping this service going throuhg the years!

it really done my old heart good to see those stars and bars flying once again at todays program. keep that flag flying. reb.