General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
150th Fort Pulaski Event is a Go!

Even though our initial number of committed troops was lower than what we wanted, some twenty-five troops currently, the park ranger at Fort Pulaski still wants us to come and be the hosting unit of Confederates.

They appear very understanding about the timing of the event and stated..."We are very excited about those of you who can make it and we hope to make this a fun experience for you while you are here!". They have a small local Confederate group that they would like to have fall-in with us as well.

We should be able to stay in the case mates, but Karl suggested it may be a good idea to bring a tent, just in case. Sounds like a meal(s) will be provided, but the details are still being discussed.

They are also looking for some civilians to be located outside the fort. A blacksmith, photographer, sutler, laundress, etc. to represent these activities at the construction village. As well as a medical impression..."Medical will not be working on anyone but needs to know their stuff and be preparing for the upcoming battle such as rolling bandages.".

In closing from the park ranger..."We are very excited that you want to come and as I said earlier - hopefully this will be the beginning of an ongoing relationship and new programming for here at the fort!"

If anyone else is interested in joining us, just let me know. "The Old North State...Forever!" Hmmm I wonder what Georgia troops yelled?

Re: 150th Fort Pulaski Event is a Go!

Sherri says I can go! Put me on the list!

Great! And we have two more that may be attending (not confirmed yet), Brian Horgan and Jim Shillinglaw.

Hey,

Glad to hear you can make it Captain!
I took off April 13 and 16th. I was going to do a little site seeing before heading back on the 16. NOT TOO MUCH THOUGH, that's a haul down to Pulaski! So far it is just me going down in company B territory.

Brian