General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Maryland, my Maryland"

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this one yet, but it sounds like another "can't miss" event for 2012 (in addition to Shiloh)!

Information from: http://cwreenactors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22532

On September 6th-8th, 2012, the Southern Division will be hosting "Maryland, my Maryland", the 150th Anniversary Reenactments of the Battles of South Mountain and Antietam.

The event will be held about 1 mile from Fox's Gap, and privately owned property, and is sponsored by the Washington County Visitors Bureau, Central Maryland Heritage League, Britney's Hope Foundation and in coordination with the 150th Maryland Campaign Committee.

The event will be like those in the past I have organized, from Fire on the Mountain, 2000, To the Gates of Washington, Summer of '62, September Storm, At High Tide and Return to Manassas, with correct force ratios, unit specific impressions and actions and the dedication to portraying September, 1862, with the utmost authenticity, honor and respect.

Re: "Maryland, my Maryland"

A CHANCE TO RELIVE SEPTEMBER STORM!!!!!!!

Will lightening strike twice?????

I'm ready anytime y'all are!

Is is 2012 yet?????? :)

Oh wait, we still got some great events this year! Ahh the excitement is in the air!

Joey found a link that said that Jackson told the 4th VA (us at Manassas this year) "when they come within 50 yards, then FIRE, and GIVE THEM THE BAAAAYONET!"

I am very much interested in Jackson riding up to us and doing that!

Corp. B Duckworth

He was there is 2006 and looked great after all these years.