General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Congratulations to our Fightin' Adjutant!

Hello Everyone,

Please join me in congratulating our Fightin' Adjutant, Greg Cheek, on his promotion to the Staff of the 4th Regiment, ANV!

Greg was appointed by the commanding officers of the regiment to the rank of major and placed into command of the regiment's Provost Department. He will be charged with maintaining order among the regiment's troops from their arrival at the site, to the authenticity of the camps, to their behavior in camp and on the battlefield. It will be quite a job! I'm glad we've got Deputy Provost Marshall Ram Cat Myers to assist him in the administration of his duties!

It is quite an honor to have a member of our unit on the command staff of the regiment. Obviously, the qualities we love and admire in Greg have caught the attention of others in our hobby. It is a well deserved promotion and Greg will, no doubt, make us proud as he serves on the staff of the best regiment in the ANV!

Greg succeeds the retiring Major Steve Hall, who has served the 4th Regiment valiantly in many positions over many years. Capt Geary Shafer was named regimental treasurer, also replacing Major Hall. All other staff officers were reelected to serve the regiment in 2011.

Adjutant Cheek will present a detailed report on the meeting shortly, listing the voted on events, as well as other items discussed there.

It's going to be a great year for our hobby! I'm anxious to see you all at our meeting on Jan 29th, so we can set our schedule and get the year started!

Stay warm! Stay well!

John Baucom
Captain

Re: Congratulations to our Fightin' Adjutant!

Well deserved Fightin' Adjutant Cheek! sincerely, c. cole

Major Cole,

We'll need your help looking after Greg now that he'll be camping up on "staff row." He is fond of wearing his drawers on the outside unless we prompt him otherwise...

Thank you in advance for your help in this matter,

John Baucom
Captain

...and, uhh, Curt, you may want to keep that bit of information just between us...

It was a big shock to me, but I will try to serve as the BN Provost to best of my abilities.
Ya'll better watch it though, cause there is a new sheriff in town now!

... and please leave my drawers out of this, sir!

im wondering if the new sheriff rosy cheeks will pull them hoglegs or just whistle dixie. ramcat reb

...just trying to help, Fightin' Adjutant...

And Ramcat Reb, you'll need to learn how to do that whistle and trumpet chrous that accompanies Clint Eastwood around so you can back up the new provost in style!

Greg's first day as our New Major in the Provost Department. I had to add this video for some reason. Hey why not, I think it fits in!

Oh my! This is getting out of hand real quick.

"I ONLY WEAR THIS COAT WHEN I'M IN YOUR COURT, AND IT WAS ALWAYS GOOD ENOUGH WHEN YOU NEEDED WHAT WAS IN IT!" - The New Fightin Provost aka Rooster J. Cogburn

Well John that Gives Greg and me something in common.

without question... it is a wise choice on the part of the powers that be, and couldn't happen to a better person.