Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Corporal (temporary) Arthur Paul Wright

Good day to all-

My father, Arthut P. Wright, served in the First Provisional Marine Brigade, and was a veteran of the original 22nd Marines, 6th Division.

I have a newspaper article (from Whittier, CA, where he was from)that reads . . . "Corporal Arthur P, Wright, Marine buglar, had the privelege of sounding the colors on a captured Japanses bugle on Engebi island, Eniwetok atoll. The American flag was raised by a contingent of Marines who took over the captured Japense island less than 24 hours after the first waive of assault troops landed . . ."

Id really love to meet and speak with fellow soldiers that he served with - or if anyone has inforamtion about his service? Please do not hesitate to contact me--

God Bless you all- God Bless the Corps!