Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Inquiry of 6th Marine Division Soldier Charles Fay Caldwell

On Veterans Day, 11 November, 2011, my Uncle, Charles Fay Caldwell, will posthumously receive recognition for his actions in the Battle of Okinawa. Charles is one of Seven Brothers who served during WWII in either the European or Pacific Conflict. His Citation and Medals will be presented to his surviving Brothers by 9th District United States Congresswoman Sue Myrick.

I am searching for any information or personal recollections from any of his fellow soldiers who might have fought alongside him or in the same Battles. 

Charles was Wounded in Battle (head wound) on May 21, 1945 and subsequently died from those wounds on June 12, 1945. He was assigned to:

Company A
1st Battalion
4th Marines
6th Marine Division

He may have been a Machine Gunner.

I have read the broader accounts of the actions of the 6th Marine Division, but hope to find some contacts or discussions with survivors who might have further details on Company A, and Charles.

I sincerely appreciate your consideration in this matter.

Thanks,

Mike Caldwell