Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DELBERT OWEN MATTHEWS

Not a lot of information here. Looking for information about my wife's Dad. He passed away when she was 9 years old.

What is known:
Name: Delbert Owen Matthews
We have seen a family photo of Del in "Alphas" with several ribbons, one being the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign.
We have a photo of Delbert and another Marine taken during the battle of Okinawa while on Okinawa.
The story is that the Marine in the picture was Delbert Matthews best friend who was killed the day after the picture was taken.

We do not even know for sure if Delbert Owen Matthews was even in the 6th Marine Division. We know he was in the Marine Corps and we know he was on Okinawa during the battle of Okinawa.

Currently I serve as a Gunnery Sergeant in the Marine Corps, and am stationed here in Okinawa. Any information anybody can shed will be helpful. My wife's name is Delinda Matthews Miller (Born - Delinda Matthews to Delbert Owen Matthews) We will be here on Okinawa till June of 2007.