Nicholas Scrolls Forum

Welcome to the Nicholas Scrolls Forum. We hope this forum to become a lively Gospel Believer's forum where you can discuss Biblical issues. Please keep the standard in which Jesus could participate.

Nicholas Scrolls Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Mohammed PBUH

To: Nicholas A Stivers
Subject: Mohammed PBUH
Date: Jan 12, 2006 4:32 PM

Nicholas, you have no right to call a religion you don't agree with "filthy." Is this how your father and mother taught you to relate to those who disagree with you? Don't you believe that people may thoughtfully and sincerely hold different religions and differents views?

I know so many Christians who don't behave this way. I wonder if they represent a different religion than the one you claim to espouse.

As for Christianiy, I believe it is a form of polytheism.

You people worship a human being, a Prophet, who never ever claimed to be God. I once challenged two christians to establish if Jesus is God or son of God...One said he was God..the other said "son of God..." What kind of religion is that whose adherents are not sure of the identity of their God?

Jesus never said "I am God." He never told people to worship him. He actually told a woman "My God and your God is One."

He prayed to God, he beseached God, he cried out to God.

So, Jesus was not God. Jesus was a mere Prophet.

It is very interesting and very telling that you people seek to make up for the weakness and fragility of your faith, especially doctrine, by making lies, brash lies about Islam. I am very glad to see hundreds of thousands of Christians embracing Islam. I, too, most honestly and most sincerely invite you to the one true faith, faith in One God, the God of Abraham, Issac, Ishmael, Jacob, Moses and Jesus.

I will be willing and ready to conduct a debate with you on religion, provided you behave yourself and speak politely. In any case, name calling reflects weakness.

Khalid

I accept your reproof...Pt. I

January 12, 2006

Dear Khalid,

Rebuke well taken. I accept your reproof of my poor choice of words. Please understand though that these things are not a matter of "right" but of faith. I apologize for using such language and did not mean to offend you unnecessarily with vulgarity.

Having said that, I would want you to understand that I consider much of contemporary Christianity an offense to the fundamental and apostolic application of faith witnessed in Christ's disciples. And thus, have been noted for bringing strong rebuke upon today's Christians. You see, it is my belief that the problems we face today are of a religious nature and not borne by true "Christ-like" faith. But "faith" is the "wild card" as it were and each man will either be justified or condemned by how he applies himself to his own faith. Faith is the answer and remedy rather than divisive religion which only seems to further separate us from GOD and defiles our systems of belief. I hold to Jesus and you hold to Mohammad.

I will admit that though I have brethren of the same God fearing faith I maintain, there are many more professing Christians who are not my brothers. My faith is more than polytheism, it is more than a mere confession, it is far greater than man's religious precepts. Though I acknowledge that your Islamic faith is rooted in Abraham's seed, most probably the line of Ishmael, I am not so pleased with the weakness and mediocrity of "so-called" Christians embracing yet another divisive and religious virtue of man that only leads to further error and unrighteous hatreds. Ultimately, this proves my long standing rebuke of mainstream Christianity being weak and mediocre, unable to attain to the likeness and fullness of Salvation found only in Christ Jesus. The religious pool of humanity is as a cesspool to me though by some standards, both your faith and the elementary Christian faith is good to inspire new growth in those who aspire entry into God's Kingdom. At best, the many divided houses of God have become hospitals and nursuries for the children young in faith to begin their teaching and education but this is not where one should remain! Maturity is called for and at no point should we neglect the needs of those who are but babes in the early formation of faith.

There are some aspects of the Muslim faith which put the contemporary application of Christian faith to utter shame. I love the devotion so often practiced by many Muslims in their prayer life. This demonstrates a certain degree of tenacity and faithfulness not easily found in mainstream Christianity. I also appreciate some, not all the practices within the Muslim faith on how a woman should behave herself and be kept chaste and or covered in public. But I am sure that you would agree, the western influences of American liberties and mainstream Christian influences are corrupting what little discipline is left in the Islamic world. It is my bold opinion that liberty without the fear and knowledge of God coupled with love and self discipline is not liberty but a disguise of elitisim gaining power over the little people thereby fostering oppression. Man's religion therefore is not the solution but is the main cause of our differences. I therefore believe that the only unity possible between us is that made poosible whereby two or more are gathered in agreement with Christ.

Con't Pt. II

I accept your reproof... Pt. II

Part II

Jesus offered all humanity more to live for than all the prophets combined. Jesus is "one" with the Father in heaven because of His devotion and attention to the Father's command and will. In that context, He was like unto God and because being the very Son of God who learned obedience by the things which He suffered, He, giving of Himself for the whole of humanity became the only propitation for our sins and sin nature. In plain words, He set forth an example that all men could follow without stumbling and thereby become sons of the living God. What is most apparently absent between the likes of Mohammad and Jesus is that Mohammad who was also a man of faith, did not posess the empowering Spirit of God because if he had, he would not have denied that Jesus was "God in flesh." Herein is the fundamental difference between Mohammad and Jesus. Jesus, being filled with the fullness of God's Spirit, was able to hear the Father's voice, obey the Father's direction and be obedient to the Father's will. Hence, "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased. Listen to Him!" Jesus is the example and pattern men are called to follow. That is what the "good news" is truly all about in the gospels. One must look at the resulting deeds of both Mohammad and Jesus to determine more accurately which one was of God the Father and which on was not. Not by word alone, but by word and deed are the fruits of each made evident.

I would like to go on record with you by saying that I am sorry for so much poor example being demonstrated by men throughout history regarding Christianity. I have pointed out the errors of the Roman Catholic Church going all the way back to Constantine and the Crusades, the error of many rebellious Protestant movements and the obvious debauchery of Christian faith now evident in todays mainstream. I am no friend of religion but am a God fearing man who disciples after Christ Jesus. The same that Christ offered me He also offers you but for both of us there is no room for our cultural/socio/political/religious virtues. If we can achieve peace between ourselves, it will only be possible through the eternal and unchanging truths identified and established and thereby fulfilled through Christ.

I would enjoy a healthy debate with you and would only ask that you read the two published exhortations I had already provided links for so that you can determine what I do understand and know by faith and see also where my limitations might exist. I was not raised in a Muslim context but you were probably not raised in a Christian context either. So, perhaps, we can both learn from one another and if possible, be strengthened by the grace of God in our effort to understand and express a neighborly love for each other. If those terms are acceptable to you then I would enjoy such a discourse and will not be so defametory as Bob has been towards you. I am obligated to present a good witness and defend the faith that was once delivered unto the saints.

With all sincerity and love for the truth and our scattered brethren abroad,

Nicholas A. Stivers, humbled God fearing man, scribe and messenger.
Author; Apostasy Revealed published 2003 by Mountainview Publishing ISBN: 1-928602-92-4
http://nicholasscrolls.cephasministry.com
http://abide-in-truth-events.cephasministry.com/
http://cephasministry.com

Agreement with your rebuke

To: Nicholas A Stivers
Subject: Mohammed PBUH
Date: Jan 13, 2006 2:41 AM

Dear Nick,

What a totally wonderful letter you have written me below.

You have cut me to the heart with the truth you have told.

I am a sinner and if I am saved it will only be by God's grace and nothing good in me.

I have saved this letter on my computer and will treasure it.

I wish I were more like you, more like the mature men of God that I have known thru the years in my church.

But I am emotional, confrontational, hostile and always on the attack.

I pray that God uses me somehow by grace.

Wishing you all the best and knowing in my heart that you are right and I am wrong and that I am unable to change. May God forgive me. Amen.

Bob

PS - Shall we compare our childhoods and our upbringing? Tell me about all the times that you Dad beat the **** out of you with a leather belt while you were crying "No daddy, no."