Return to Website

THE WORD OF TRUTH Discussion Forum

A place where Christians can discuss issues related to the Word of God, the Gospel of Christ, and life in Christ Jesus.

THE WORD OF TRUTH Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So much suffering is caused because men do not preach the Gospel!

When men refuse to preach the revelation that God has given concerning His Son they are in fact hurting the people.

God will hold every man responsible for the light that they were given.

Luke 12:47
And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

God has been gracious in this "day" of salvation but this is not the only day, There is a day of wrath coming and the gospel is "forward" engineered to make the people ready to meet their God!

The Gospel must be preached, it must be spoken out loud in order for the sound of it to enter into the ears of those who will hear it. Woe unto those men who knew the Gospel but did not believe that it possessed the power of God unto salvation. Woe to those who placed the "reasoning" of men above the words of the scriptures.

I long for a time when the mouths of all men who suppress the gospel are "stopped" and the glorious message of what God has accomplished is once again received with gladness!

Humanity has suffered the words of vain men far too long, There words betray them, they boast that they understand and know God, but really - they have never met Him. This is evident in the weak and powerless gospel that they promote. A gospel that is not the Gospel at all.

Jude 1:12 –Jude 1:13
These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

These are not the type of men we need giving us advice on the scriptures, and yet we are living in an age when these are in fact the ones who have been exalted into prominent positions in the "church" - could it be that this generation has turned away from God and hardened their necks so long that God has chosen their delusions? It is my opinion that this is so.

Still, there remains a remnant.

Romans 11:5
Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

I have personally been edified and built up because someone preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it is the power of God unto salvation because it saved me and this message is relevant in every age, at all times, it is never wrong to tell people who they are in Christ and what great things God has done for them.

In Christ,
Robert Cobb

Re: So much suffering is caused because men do not preach the Gospel!

A very good word. The scriptures tell us that the help of man is VAIN (Psalm 60:11). That means anything they have to offer is worthless and should be rejected. The scriptures refer to "vain words".

EPHESIANS 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Sounds pretty serious if you ask me. How can you read "WRATH OF GOD" and not take it seriously? Today people have given themselves over to "vain words" and because they have it will result in God pouring out wrath upon them.

Do not be deceived brethren! Don't get tangled up in mans doctrines. Submit to God and hear HIM.