Return to Website

THE WORD OF TRUTH Discussion Forum

A place where Christians can discuss issues related to the Word of God, the Gospel of Christ, and life in Christ Jesus.

THE WORD OF TRUTH Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: So much suffering is caused by the horrific false doctrine of eternal torment

Men must not attempt to remove the guilt that only God can remove.

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

God has provided a means through which man may become clean, not just feel clean. What lasting benefit would I be doing my brethren if I made them feel accepted by God, but in reality they were not?

All men will stand before the God who said "vengeance is mine"

Jeremiah 46:10
For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries:...

The message of the Gospel would loose it's relevance if this day of judgment was not real. What possible purpose would God be serving in taking away sin if in the end it didn't really matter anyway?

Besides all this, God has spoken through the Prophets concerning this day, Jesus has spoken and pronounced some "woes" concerning it and the Apostles also preached concerning escaping this impending day of wrath. It seems to me that anyone who would attempt to disprove something that God has so clearly demonstrated as being true, is not operating with an honest and good heart. I want to be charitable but when faced with the day of wrath this is serious business. This is no time to be "walking" on egg shells. The truth concerning the lake of fire is real and it needs to be preached as God presents it, not as "some" men perceive it.

In Christ,
Robert Cobb