Return to Website

THE WORD OF TRUTH Discussion Forum

A place where Christians can discuss issues related to the Word of God, the Gospel of Christ, and life in Christ Jesus.

THE WORD OF TRUTH Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It's GOD'S Word

I think to many people are casual about the Bible. It tends to be viewed as a "good book" or a "list of rules to follow" or something like that. It does not seem to cross peoples minds that the Bible is actually the true word of God. There is nothing really simple about it, it's not for none-thinking people. Everything from the creation of the world to the Salvation of man is very complex and amazing. It never gets old. Somebooks you read a hundred times and still not get anything out of it. The Bible Always has something you can get out of it, no matter how many times you read it.

I encourage fellow believers to not lack in reading the word and hearing it expounded by spiritual leaders. Remember who's words you are reading and studying!

Re: It's GOD'S Word

Very true.

Ecclesiastes 12:10
The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.

Too many sermons actually lead mens minds away from the scriptures. They may start out with a scripture but they immediately leave it in the background while they expound some psychological agenda.

God has given His words because they are "living and active" they are both alive and have the ability to cause life in those who believe them.
Without God's words it would be impossible to know God. It really doesn't matter which time you lived in - consider Abraham, he is living in his own country working everyday...life is going by just as any other time...but wait...the word of the Lord came unto him.
Abraham was never the same after that encounter.

It is the same today, God is known through the words which He has given. He is revealing his mind and heart through the means of words. God is a most perfect articulator! His words are the lamp which lights the path of every saint of the most High God!

The ultimate revelation of the person of God is His Son, Jesus Christ. He is the express image of His Father - so much so that Jesus said "if you have seen me, you have seen the Father" So, God has given us all things that pertain to life and godliness. These two forms of revelation are working against each other but they are one in the same.

The words of scripture can be trusted to bring you to Jesus, who, when seen and followed, will bring the children home to the Father, presenting them faultless and perfect in His presence.

I give thanks for the Word of God!

Robert Cobb

Re: It's GOD'S Word

correction -
when I typed
"These two forms of revelation are working against each other but they are one in the same."

I meant to type
"These two forms of revelation are not working against each other but they are one in the same."

Sorry for any confusion,

In Christ,
Robert Cobb