Return to Website

THE WORD OF TRUTH Discussion Forum

A place where Christians can discuss issues related to the Word of God, the Gospel of Christ, and life in Christ Jesus.

THE WORD OF TRUTH Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Faith Gives Sight

I know today people don't think very highly of "faith" as far as evidence is concerned. However Faith is defined in Hebrews 11:1 as "the evidence of things unseen". But people today do not think that is true. They view faith as some vague mindless persuasion that has no effect on the person. But faith does have an effect. People today really like to throw out questions regarding God. Such as...

"You can't prove God is real, there is no evidence so how can you know?"

Lets rephrase that...

"You can't know if God is real because I don't know if he is real, I have seen no evidence so you could not have seen any either."

"My evidence that there is no God is my own personal failure to comprehend such a thing being true."

Ignorance is not evidence. People can say that believing in something does not make it true well on the other hand not believing in something doesn't make it NOT true. Unbelief does not alter the truth.

My main focus here is how effective faith is. When a person takes hold of the truth they are given a full persuasion of it. There is no room for doubt when a person has faith. Why is that? Because faith enables sight. Those things that confused you before regarding the mysteries of the kingdom are able to seen and understood. In the world people say "seeing is believing". But those who are in Christ can say "believing is seeing."

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Don't get caught up in the world's philosophy brethren have faith in God! By doing so he will give you understanding in his truth. I pray that believers everywhere would continue to have their faith increased so that they might be given more to see!

Re: Faith Gives Sight

First I must say that I am very pleased to find people talking about eternal things. It is very edifying to be encouraged to think and ponder on these things.

We know that without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb 11:6) so we can conclude that with faith we are actually pleasing unto God. This is another marvelous consideration and it reveals somewhat of the magnitude of the work of the Lord. We, who began as aliens of the commonwealth of Israel can not be pleasing unto a righteous and Holy God. Surely Christ ministry is glorious indeed! His ways are far above the flesh.

Notice also that we have not become pleasing because of "works" of righteousness that we have done, but because we have trusted in "the" work of righteousness that Christ has done, on our behalf. This is the way in which God is justified in inputing righteousness to man, We have good hope through grace. (2 thes 1:16)

Thank you brother Jonathan for this refreshing remembrance of faith.

In Christ,
Robert Cobb