Return to Website

THE WORD OF TRUTH Discussion Forum

A place where Christians can discuss issues related to the Word of God, the Gospel of Christ, and life in Christ Jesus.

THE WORD OF TRUTH Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Does God send people to hell

If you really believe that God does not "send" people to hell then what do with verses like these?

REVELATION 20:13-15 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were CAST into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was CAST into the lake of fire.

REVELATION 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was CAST into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Let me direct your attention to the words of Jesus himself.

This is what he said to a certain centurion...
MATTHEW 8:11-12 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be CAST out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Here is something he said in the Parable of the talents....
MATTHEW 25:29-30 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And CAST ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

To "cast" something means to throw or hurl or cause something to fall in a certain direction. With that being said we can see the condemned are not going to just walk into the lake of fire on their own. They will be CAST into it. When it says they will be cast into the Lake of fire who do you think is going to do the casting?

Let me direct your attention to Christ's words once again to back up this point I just made.

MATTHEW 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

The "power" to destroy body and soul in hell it says. If God does not send anyone to hell then this verse means nothing. It is merely pointing out an ability God has that he does not use. What kind of sense does that make? I'm sure you can see where I am going with this.

Sending people to hell may seem "unfair" and "cruel" to some but then again who are we to question what God does? God is just in all his ways and with that being said let us reason that if God does it then it is right for him to do so!

Does God send people to hell

Eternal fire is real. Jesus said it was. In fact, Jesus spoke a great deal about hell. It is what Jesus came here to save us from.
There will be a Day of Judgment when all people will face God. Those who are not covered by the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross will be cast out into hell where they will undergo eternal punishment. "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life" (Matt. 25:46). In this verse, the same word "eternal" is used to describe the punishment of the wicked as well as the eternal life of the believer. The punishment is endless as is the eternal life of the believer. That is why the gospel (1 Cor. 15:1-4) is so important, because it saves people from eternal ****ation:

Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Gary,
This is the statement you made, to which I was replying: "People often accuse God of SENDING people to hell but that is as far from the truth as you can get." Your answer to my post appears to be what you intended to be an answer to someone else. I am not sure who you were addressing -- or if you were addressing anyone at all.

What you have said about those who are not in Jesus being cast into the lake of fire is true, and we take no issue with that. That they will be "sent" there (which you categorically denied)is seen in the words of Jesus, "DEPART from me, ye that work iniquity" (Matt 7:23), and "CAST ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matt 25:30).

Just as surely as those who enter into the joy of the Lord will be TOLD to do so (Matt 25:23,23), so the casting of the ****ed into the lake of fire will be at the word of the King.

I am asking you to write with the kind of clarity that is becoming of someone who speaks for the Lord. Cut the ambiguity from your postings, and the circuituitous reasoning that makes them so cumbersome. It is not befitting. If you have difficulty knowing how to express yourself clearly, conveying precisely what you are thinking, then I suggest you take time to learn to do so. Then your postings will be beneficial. Crusadors should really be noted for speaking precisely and in strict accord with the scriptures.

Given O. Blakely

Brother Gary,
I see that I misinterpreted your postings to mean you were saying God does not send people to Hell. My apologies. I was wrong in my assessment. I do ask that you clearly identify what you yourself have said, in distinction from what others have said, to whom you are posting an answer.

Given O. Blakely