Return to Website

THE WORD OF TRUTH Discussion Forum

A place where Christians can discuss issues related to the Word of God, the Gospel of Christ, and life in Christ Jesus.

THE WORD OF TRUTH Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
If you cannot love a god who would let anyone suffer forever

If you cannot love a god who would let anyone suffer forever, you can copy and paste (if necessary) the following urls into the address bar and find out that a literally (not interpretively) translated Bible actually teaches universal salvation, not even annihilation.

http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/hells_fruit.html

THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD

If necessary, copy and paste the following urls into the address bar.

http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/savior-of-the-world/circularity.htm

At the top and bottom of that same THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD page, there is the following link to fourteen other writings in the same series that are related to this same subject.

http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/savior-of-the-world/index.htm

Re: If you cannot love a god who would let anyone suffer forever

I do love God. He says he will make the wicked suffer forever and I still love him. Because I can reason that whatever God does it is just and reasonable. I will take no opprotunity to question or challenge the motives of the living God.

After reading your post i thought it appropriate to present a few questions.

Job 4:17
Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?

Romans 9:14
What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

Too many people seek to superimpose their own judgement of what is "right" and "wrong" upon the Nature of God. If you cannot love a God who will let anyone suffer forever than you do not love God.

God has revealed through his word that some will indeed be punished with "everlasting destruction" Some people will because of their obstinate rebellion against God end up in the place that was prepared for the Devil and his angels.

Bottomline, my word to you is simply this. If you find that you do not agree with something that has been declared in scripture, instead of insisting upon superimposing your own form of morality on scripture, and attempting to twist it to say something that it clearly does not say, subject yourself to the Word of God. Do not attempt to see God through the eyes of what you think he ought to be. Do not be so haughty as those who "professing themselves to be wise, became fools. And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man" (Romans 1:22-23)

I love a God who destroyed the whole earth with a flood (thats women and children alike)

The Holy Bible, King James Version

Genesis 6:13
And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

This is the same God who created all things.

The Holy Bible, King James Version

Revelation 4:11
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

This is the Great God and Savior!

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

I just wanted to clarify what God I serve...

In Christ,
Robert Cobb

The main reason why some people have a hard time with what they would refer to as "the hard judgment of God" is because they place too much emphasis on human life. They place too much weight on life here in this world and they do not bring eternity into the picture.

When we reason on things in the scripture it is very important to know what God has said on the topic, that is, if we are to properly understand it. (proper understanding is achieved when we arrive at the same conclusion as God)If I were to bake a cake and leave out half the ingredients and then serve it to someone who had never eaten cake, their appraisal of cake would be somewhat screwed. When asked if they liked cake their reply would only match their "idea" of what cake was, not really what cake is. If they said "it was awful" Then they would be commenting on what a half prepared cake taste like, even though they thought it was really cake. This is what happens when men mis-handle the truth. They say it is one thing, but it is not. Now, lets take this to a whole new level - what happens when this man who has eaten the bad cake decides to open a cake shop and serve up this wonderful creation known as cake!

This mirrors the "modern" church. She has never really met Jesus, but she can recall having heard about someone who did. This man said that Jesus loves everyone the same. That God wouldn't hurt a fly. and he most definitely would never send anyone to hell. The only problem with this kind of reasoning is that it's all a lie. To a baker how much importance should be placed on the recipe? How much can he deviate from it and still end up with the same product? God has given us His mind on this matter of judgment and condemnation. If we are to properly ready ourselves for this day how serious should we be in seeking out the reality found in the scriptures?

I give these examples because I can see that Rodger cannot see the truth. He has eaten the bad cake and now he has attempted to cook for others. He is in fact pointing men away from God and he is now wise in doing this. I commend all who read this to the good word of God - It contains the truth concerning the realities that we all face. It provides a view of God that cannot be achieved by fanciful thoughts and whimsical sayings. The scriptures are the only approved means of understanding and knowing the God of heaven.

In Christ,
Robert Cobb