Return to Website

Vincent Price Film Site Message Board

Welcome to the VPFS Message Board. This is a great place to discuss Vincent Price with other fans. All Vincent Price related topics are welcome!

Vincent Price Film Site Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for a Movie Title

I'm looking for a movie title where VP is a photographer. He is in a building in a room with his assistant. He has a large old box camera on tripod and takes a picture of a man being hanged. But he uses a strange light or photo plate. While the camera is on the man the man wont die while being hanged. He suddenly learns fear and this special camera can help him capture a spirit that will make people immortal but only if they have great fear. His assistant fell in love with a female co-star. They tried to make her immortal by using a guillotien to scare her and use camera to capture the spirit. Something went wrong with the guillotien and it cut her head off. So they had to release the spirit because until they did she was being kept alive. The movie ends with his spirit locked in a safe and he has been living for a few hundred years and can't release his spirit. There is a building built over the old site where the safe was.

Re: Looking for a Movie Title

THE FILM IS CALLED THE ASPHYX. IT STARRED ROBERT STEPHENS AND ROBERT POWELL. IT WAS MADE IN 1972 BUT IT IS NOT A VINCENT PRICE FILM.

Joel ....Thanks

You gave me the exact movie I was looking for. I did some additional research on The Asphxy and found a website with movie stills. It was 100% what I was looking for. Sorry for mistaking it as a Vincent Price movie. Wow... you are real good at this.

Hi This is vishal patel