Return to Website

Vincent Price Film Site Message Board

Welcome to the VPFS Message Board. This is a great place to discuss Vincent Price with other fans. All Vincent Price related topics are welcome!

Vincent Price Film Site Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Diversions and Delights

Hi!
Would anyone own an audio copy of dear old Vincent's incredible performance as Oscar Wilde in Diversions and Delights? I saw his Tony-level performance in Montreal in the 70's and have since been looking for an audio rendering (whatever quality) of John Gay's masterpiece... It just hasn't been done! Anyone knows how to contact his daughter Victoria? Thanks in advance. Let me know if you want PDF's of the original Playbill...
God Bless U all.
Claude 'Le Baron' Liboiron
claudelib@mac.com

Re: Diversions and Delights

Claude
I too had the pleasure of seeing Vincent's one-man show in Perth, Western Australia back in 1981. Apart from the TV spot (which is on my website) I know of no recording audio or otherwise of his wonderful performance. But if you ever find out to the contrary, please contact me asap.
Cheers

Dear Peter,
Thanks for your reply. I will definitely let you know if I put my hands on this rarity. I have a strange feeling this will be my secondary 'holy grail' quest for a lifetime, my kind of 'sacred mission' (shades of Professor Abronsius of the Köenigsberg University), having already found the first and real only 'grail' (J-C) ...
Ciao for now.
Yours 4ever Priceless...
Le Baron

I have recordings of V.P.from talk shows. One such is from the Dick Cavett show where Price and Cavett act out scenes from Oscar Wilde's life. I believe there is a short segment from Diversions and Delights where Price, as Wilde, relates what happened to him at school. I met Price once when he was doing a show called "The Villians Still Pursue Me" and got his autograph. That was a thrill.

Thanks for your reply, that is encouraging.. I have a request to make, if I may be so bold... Any way you could forward a few of these recordings to me? I would pay you, of course (PayPal or otherwise) or we could trade. I have a few radio recordings of the Master and other (not so rare) materials... Just let me know. Look forward to hear from you... You can send the details to my private email 'claudelib@mac.com'.
Take care for now.
Claude 'lebaron'

Hey all,

you can get "Diversions and Delights" and "The Villains still pursue me" as well as many other rare Vincent Price audio recordings from my website Voices In The Dark.

You need to register but registering is free. If you like it leave a comment in the forum.

I seek a VIDEO of Diversions and Elights, if humanly possible. An audio CD would have to suffice. . .

Let me know to whom to write and payment, etc.

G. Lemco
critic (www.audaud.com) and teacher of AP Lit.

I record Vincent at Elmhurst College in 1971 as he gave a lecture - The Villains Still Pursue Me.

That website, Voice in the Dark, is not online. Is there some other way to obtain the audio of "Diversions and Delights?"