Nicholas Scrolls Forum

Welcome to the Nicholas Scrolls Forum. We hope this forum to become a lively Gospel Believer's forum where you can discuss Biblical issues. Please keep the standard in which Jesus could participate.

Nicholas Scrolls Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
The exception to YOUR RULE!

November 2, 2007

Ahh Rodger,

I sure wish you didn't make it so easy for me to refute your blanket statements. I would much rather wish to be seriously challenged by your views but I know in my heart of hearts that it is you that needs to see the true witness of Spirit filled Godfearing men in your life. Hear what the Spirit in me testifies to!

Your statement, "When it comes to what we believe, the strongest sets of influence always dictate what all of us choose every time without exception. It is impossible to choose what we do not prefer," is sadly, a prideful view and inaccurate assessment of the power of God's grace.

I speak from experience that by the power of God's grace... one can indeed choose not what He desires more or choose unwillingly what he desires not. This is not only possible to achieve but is made necessary to keep our pathways straight (sanctification). So, your statement, "It is impossible to choose what we do not prefer" is grossly mis-represented.

Though we are all surrounded and even bombarded with many influences, temptations and vices, it is not impossible to respond to the Lord's discipline in our lives learning to avoid the dangers and traps set before us.

Case in point Rodger... For many years now... as I was single handedly raising my three lovely children aboard my small sailboat - having lost my wife to suicide almost 15 years ago, I made a choice to remain celibate for the sake of protecting my houshold and children from exposure to certain behaviorial sins. I purposed to keep many doors shut for my children's sake and my Godfearing example is what kept them out of trouble despite the negetive influences they were surrounded by in the public school system.

Now, I am still young and overflowing with passion. I still to this day desire a wife again and must continue to wait upon my Lord if that will ever be a part of my continued restoration during my remaining days on earth. I by the grace of God chose to do what I did not want to do. I am still filled with hope and bitterness has never approached me. Women have approached me and the power of God protects me. God knows... I desire one devoted godly woman who would edify our relationship to Christ and others. If I shall ever be permitted this again, remains to be seen.

So, you see Rodger, your words just do not add up. What glorifies GOD more than anything else Rodger is the fulfillment of all His promises... including the ones involving judgment. If God was not faithful to keep His promises and see to it that all which was witten will be fulfilled... then our faith in Christ would be an utter vanity. I choose to believe in the whole WORD and nothing but the WORD of GOD denying him not!

With all Godfearing sincerity,
Nicholas

There is no exception to the rule, all of your arguments notwithstanding.

In short, if you don't ultimately choose a certain way, it simply WAS NOT the strongest influence.

Since you took the liberty of calling our belief "prideful," and infer that your mentors are godly while mine are ungodly, I just want to say that my impression of your beliefs are that they stink with self-righteousness and pride in the guise of false humility.

I agree with my godly mentor Jim Coram that "It is an empty gesture to go through the motions of giving all the glory to God, while at the same time continually believing that good decisions and acts are things which ultimately owe their existence to one’s own self."