This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
help with flash.

hi am new to bravehost and i would like build a website with a flash introduction. can someone please help me.

Re: help with flash.

Flash introductions are pretty simple to make, but they are not very useful, and may not work well with some of the on-line tools.

I went to flashberry.com/ and built a simple flash intro in just a few minutes. You can see it at philokvetch.bravehost.com/my_intro_full.html. As you can see, it works well with free sites. There are lots of other applications available that will let you create more complicated intros. Just do a google search on "flash intro builder". Some are free, most are not.

I have the simple flash intro pointing to my Website Wizard creation. But you can't use the intro directly with the Wizard. To use it effectively, you would need to create your web site with something other than the Wizard.

But a flash intro doesn't provide anything for a search engine. It provides no content, and any links that it might have are embedded in the flash file. The only thing a search engine will index is "macromedia.com". If the flash intro page doesn't contain anything to index. Generally, only your internal pages will get indexed when the search engine eventually finds them.

Users often use flash intros, because they think that visitors are always going to enter their site from the front page. This is almost never the case. I have a web site that has over 40 pages. But the front page is only used as an entry point 5 percent of the time. Most of my visitors access my site from the internal pages.

Re: help with flash.

thanks... that really helps a lot. i really appreciate the fact that you took the time to explain things to me so vividly if i may say.